Friday, December 7, 2007

10 People Whose Opinion I Would Value

I know I said 5, but I had to make it 10. I just couldn't hold back. These are in no order of value as who I would choose would depend upon the knowledge I was seeking, but all would contribute greatly to any research or decision in my opinion.

Hermes Trismestigus - Ethical Atheist

Franklin Delano Roosevelt - 32nd President of the U.S.

Friedrich Nietzsche - Western (German) Philosopher

Karl Heinrich Marx - Western (Prussian) Philosopher

François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire) - Writer, Deist & Philosopher

Henry Louis (H. L.) Mencken - American Essayist

Gendun Drup - The 1st Dalai Lama

Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy - Russian Essayist & Philosopher

Pope John Paul II (born: Karol Józef Wojtyła)

Harriet Tubman - Humanitarian

Oh and now you know I am going to get into why each one of them would contribute greatly to a conversation on community, role models and environmental respect. I wanted to just post this teaser first because I want you to think about what makes these people similar and why each of them is valuable from both critical thinking and/or ethical reasoning. I think you will be surprised when you put on your objective hat and actually "think" without clouded vision what enlightenment is out there for you and how much your mind is capable of.

I would love for you to post your theories prior to my actual dissertation on these individuals contributions.

No comments: